Where did all the good stuff go?

Bullpup":22ue0rjl said:
I agree a lot of fairly common items have disappeared even more recent things like 1.5 headsets.

If I could find the 2 items in my signature, I would be very happy!

Not a P2 but, I think Vicious Cycles do some nice (at a price) straight blade Rigid fork in various lengths. 413mm might suit your purpose?

Baulz":38asxosx said:
I was trying to find a decent light and short 25.4mm stem for my sons bike and could not believe how few options there are now. When did 31.8 fully take over?

Same problem. I’ve even considered having a frame builder make one to the spec I want.

BTW, I have a short Ritchey WCS stem in mint condition, if you’re interested?

sunchaser":3bws3310 said:
Baulz":3bws3310 said:
I was trying to find a decent light and short 25.4mm stem for my sons bike and could not believe how few options there are now. When did 31.8 fully take over?

Same problem. I’ve even considered having a frame builder make one to the spec I want.

BTW, I have a short Ritchey WCS stem in mint condition, if you’re interested?

That would be ideal but I'm on the other side of the ocean, shipping would be $$$.

sunchaser":1bnfjvdw said:
Bullpup":1bnfjvdw said:
I agree a lot of fairly common items have disappeared even more recent things like 1.5 headsets.

If I could find the 2 items in my signature, I would be very happy!

Not a P2 but, I think Vicious Cycles do some nice (at a price) straight blade Rigid fork in various lengths. 413mm might suit your purpose?

Thank you very much but a bit out of my price range!

I was using an Onone and am currently using a Surly - but I just think that aesthetically I want the Salsa!

Re:

ah...I have just sold two Ti straight bars in small clamp size - X lite straights and some lovely Litespeed straights. I have an unusual Reflex bar from 1990 - Easton tubing, rather like Taperlite but an unusual item. I didn't ask top dollar since I knew that people were looking for them - which is the reverse of the usual market model, but hey ho that's the idea of the redistributive effect of Retrobike.

Unusual/nice things lurking in my boxes? Magic Dakar wheel set - gorgeous. Early Control Tech quill stems. 150mm very early Ritchey stem. And a 1990 Marin Team Ti. and then the usual pile of NOS or slightly used thumbies, early XT mechs etc etc. I think there is a lot lurking out there too....just needs to be id'd and put forward.

Tange unicrown forks 395mm a-c. Chinese titanium 25.4 flat bars. shimano cantilevers. Hugi hubs. Campagnolo headsets.. you can get all these new. Even square taper cranks are around! Why Kings? They are always ultra bling, ultra expensive and that´s not fun.
Tires are harder to find but not impossible.
The fun of retro vintage is grab what you can and do it different from mainstream. If one style becomes hard to keep go w/ another: early 2000s, 650b, touring frames repurposed. Criativity is where it´s at.

Back