Where can I get Mafac straddle cables?

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Got some Mafac centre pulls on the Mercian and was wanting to change the straddle cables. Anyone know who is making any that fit ? ..or if anyone has some 😁

If it's Mafac racer style I just got a cheap shift cable and cut it to length.
One of the Mafac centre pulls has fixed length stradle cables - 'competition' I think.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its often a lot cheaper to buy the brake caliper that still has the cable in it!

We've got a drawer full of screw- on cable clamps that can be used with care to make straddles, often using a short brake cable - some filing of the barrel or pear sometimes required.

It would probably cost less than $150 to pay a vintage motorcycle restorer to solder you up the right thing.

OR go on YouTube get inspired and solder one on yourself with less money than those straddle wires and then keep making them and recoup your money via eBay straddle cable sales?! If only we all had the time to do that!!! 🤪

Back