When is a bike a gravel bike? Or not…

What's the difference between a gravel bike or even a Gravel Bike and a CX bike?
By difference I mean practical difference out there in the big wide dangerous place known as gravel.
Both have plenty of mud clearance allowing wider tyres which we all know are so much more comfortable. CX bike have canti brakes which might score rims if gravel bike riders ever go anywhere near mud. Neither have suspension, but why do you need suspension for riding on an upgraded (or is that downgraded?) footpath.

Could a fat bike (and there are plenty of those round here) be described as a glorified gravel bike, or Gravel Bike?

What's the difference between a gravel bike or even a Gravel Bike and a CX bike?
By difference I mean practical difference out there in the big wide dangerous place known as gravel.
Both have plenty of mud clearance allowing wider tyres which we all know are so much more comfortable. CX bike have canti brakes which might score rims if gravel bike riders ever go anywhere near mud. Neither have suspension, but why do you need suspension for riding on an upgraded (or is that downgraded?) footpath.

Could a fat bike (and there are plenty of those round here) be described as a glorified gravel bike, or Gravel Bike?
the good old excuse of geometry is the difference.
gravel bikes are bigger, taller, aimed at comfort. CX isn't.

the good old excuse of geometry is the difference.
gravel bikes are bigger, taller, aimed at comfort. CX isn't.
And I have just watched a (good) video on ViewTubeness about a big gravel race in Bakersfield where the bike has 100mm of front suspension and a 50mm dropper.

What Frankenbike nonsense is this????!

Is it a Gravtain Bike?

But is it more aero?

One thing I can safely state is that a piece of Aero chocy does float . I know this for a fact . When out in the monsoon late sunday I stopped to eat a bar of said chocolate . On dropping a square away it went in a stream of water .

What does this have to do with this thread . Absolutely diddley squat .

Aero (chocolate) bars are a con.

The official list of ingredients:
  • Sugar
  • Cocoa Butter
  • Whole MILK Powder
  • Cocoa Mass
  • Butterfat (from MILK)
  • Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea)
  • Lactose and Proteins from Whey (from MILK)
  • Whey Powder (from MILK)
  • Skimmed MILK Powder
  • Emulsifier (Lecithins)
  • Milk Chocolate contains Cocoa Solids 25% minimum, Milk Solids 14% minimum and Vegetable Fat in addition to Cocoa Butter
Where’s the AIR? Surely they are 70 per cent AIR!!!!!

Back