What year did the Race Face XY post and SYStem stem.........

First came seatpost. in 1997. Stem came year latter.
Wether to use it, depends on the build and how fundamentalist you want to get :)
I wouldnt probably do it. If you wnt to go RF, then in 95 they had very different cromoly stem.. that one would suit better i guess.

But SYstem is definatelly very nice. Seatpost is ok in zero offset version. The bigger offset one i cannot stand. seatpost clamping head is too distracting IMO. also quite heavy.

cheers
jan

I think Jan must be right and the seatpost was a bit earlier. I have one, although not from new, and it creaks. It looks cool but I don't trust it much. The guy before me filed it so it can take 8mm rails (don't ask me) and I had to give the entire head to a friend of mine who made me another clamping piece. I am curious if a mint one still creaks...

Mx

The XY with its set back was a great innovation for people like me. No other post offered 2.5cm setback, unless you went with quirky modifications. I really didn't understand. Companies were offering the most stupid things, but not something usefull like a post with 2.5 cm setback. When the XY came out I immediately bought a couple.

Are yours creaking? I really want to know.

And how about the Ritchey posts? I'm not sure what the amount of setback is, but it's a decent seatpost that has been around since a while now and copied by others. I've had two and they never caused any issues. I never liked their look too much, though...

Mx

Maxipedia":1ekpc3er said:
Are yours creaking? I really want to know.

In case this Q was for me: it could be that it once creaked and that I solved it or that it still creaks, but frankly do not pay a lot attention to that, unless it really gets annoying.

Back