What would you do with this poor frame (Marin frs content)

Thias

Klein Fan
Hi there!

I recently got this frame together with a very nice critical stem (blue ano, rize and short). The seller asked about the worth of the frame (there were pics of a crack in the downtube) and a few parts in the german forums. I told the guy I would take the stem for 50 Euro and - if he were to throw the frame in the bin otherwise - I would pay additional 10 Euro if he sent it together with the stem.
The frame is a very battered Manitou (I thought) - hence the cracks I guess :facepalm:

When I got the frame, I found a few more cracks...

So this looks much worse than I expected. What would you do?

Re: What would you do with this poor frame (Manitou content)

strip it for the useable parts (if there are any), and bin the rest. I don't think that's going to be repairable, at least not cheaply...

Re: What would you do with this poor frame (Manitou content)

There are no parts on the frame, really. The seatpost and the tune würger are mine.

I did a few google searches and now I am not even sure this is a Manitou frame...

Mobat says they made 2 suspension frames. The "fs" and the "dh". This one is neither of these!

Edit: got tipped, its a Marin team or nail frs.

Scrap, put it down to experience!
The canti posts are salvageable and worth €10...and the back would unbolt to make a handy wheel truing stand! :cool:

Wall hanger .
I bought a 90-91 gt out post with the orange and black splatter paint job and the bb cup is welding in and I cannot even cut it out.
so that's turned in to a wall hanger tooo

Back