What V brakes with x0?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Contemplating going xo gearing on a build, seems wrong to use shimano, so what other options are out there that are attainable? Or am I being too ocd? O have some modern xt vs and some more retro dx in red I could use.

He he he Dyna Ti - ishaw are the XT the parallelogram ones? I just lurve the original ones, but some say that they squeal when they develop a bit of play...

Not the 739s, I forget what model they are but the latest/last versions. No squeal to worry about

but some say that they squeal when they develop a bit of play...

They do rattle when loosened off but you can wrap and elastic band around them which stops it from getting annoying. Theres also a shim kit, which was available a couple of decades years ago, not sure you'll ever find one now though.

It is likely though you can get 0.1mm shims that would fit, and to fit them you peel off the plastic sticky cap on the edge in line with the pivot point of the pad holder, remove the pin, fiddle a shim in each side then replace the pin. The original kit came with replacement sticky plastic side covers.

I do happen to have 3 of the rebuild kits in my stash, but not looking to go m739 on this build. Could go m950 as I have a spare set of brakes. Only toying with xo at this point, was planning on m952 but the xo would tie in with some other bits planned, so exploring brake options. Black is preferred, could even go kcnc as I have a set doing nothing. Levers are a bit light for my liking though.

Latest posts

Back