What is this jump bike frame?

danbe

Retro Guru
Looks a lot like a Spooky Bandwagon/metalhead

I know what it is its just doing my head in trying to recall it.
100% a friend or someone had the same frame as a kid.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114932911540

Its not an old Azonic steelhead is it?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My first thoughts was a DDG shooter from errrrr…..super cycles? But the seat tube/top tube bracing isn’t there on a DDG from my very quick image search.

Looks like a bandwagon to me, seem too remember they did a slot and vertical drop outs. it's the gussets at the head that I'm not sure about (and the under tube cable route)

The steelhead didn't have the billet seat and chain stay joins.

Doesnt look beefy enough to be a spooky. To be honest i think its a cheap chinese alu frame. The dropouts are really thin and look like the cheap easy to get hold of mech hanger, even the DDG were beefier than this. the flat section under the BB looks familiar but i cannot place it for the life of me. Maybe a brand x?

just noticed there isn't a billet seat stay. so nope not a bandwagon. missed that. :(

the other frame a similar ilk was the cuda subway (sold under many many guises) but it isn't one of those (I have one of those :) )
DMR was about but they were much thinner section and didn't have square chain stays.

brand X/Merlin etc. all did a similar frame but without the headtube gussets.

Back