What is the lowest stack height 1 1/8 headset

jimwise68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've just bought some forks and the steerer is slightly too short.

My current headset has a stackheight of around 35mm I am looking to replace it with something that has a smaller stack height so I can use my forks.

Something in the low 20s or below would be good.

It's a normal size headset tube (34mm ID) so doubt I will get anything integrated.

Anybody know of anything?

thanks

Jim

I've found only the Tioga ACC1 with a 24.8 mm stack height. Crank Bro's ones were around at a claimed 21-22 mm, but they surely didn't care about durability on their low-stack modells, plus they're gone from normal retail long years ago, I guess. Crane Creek makes some "low-fat" ones too.

I'd consider a stem with the shortest (sleekest) clamp design, as there could be as much as 10-15 mm difference between them too, so you could gain some precious steerer length this way as well.

Re:

I'm assuming we're talking aheaset, as you are stuffed if it is threaded ;-)

Cane creek and Ritchey are around 28mm from memory, then find a short stack stem.

Re:

Bumping this up because I was planning to get one of those low profile m-parts but they seem to be unavailable. Anyone got any good ideas?

Previously had the bike set up with a 32.1 stack height FSA orbit MX which was pushing it...

Crank Brothers Cobalt headset is 20.58mm in stack height.
Tune Bobo headset is around 25mm in stack height.

Back