What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

Re: Re:

al-onestare":q5w4w6rm said:
Splashbacks. Dreadful tyres.
What's wrong with them? They look nice and work well in the dry on dusty tracks. Wouldn't want to use them in the wet and mud though.

What do I not like to see on retro bikes? Hmmm, as I've probably committed most sins (I really don't care about period correct, or catalogue builds), I'm going to go for disc hubs on frames that can't run discs. Not just on retro bikes though, but in general. Worse still if the rotors are attached.

ishaw":35hvltha said:
al-onestare":35hvltha said:
What's wrong with them? They look nice and work well in the dry on dusty tracks. Wouldn't want to use them in the wet and mud though.

What do I not like to see on retro bikes? Hmmm, as I've probably committed most sins (I really don't care about period correct, or catalogue builds), I'm going to go for disc hubs on frames that can't run discs. Not just on retro bikes though, but in general. Worse still if the rotors are attached.

Problem #1 :
dry on dusty tracks

Problem #2, the logo looks like it was designed by someone using MS Paint.

al-onestare":3qe67606 said:
ishaw":3qe67606 said:
al-onestare":3qe67606 said:

Problem #1 :
dry on dusty tracks

Problem #2, the logo looks like it was designed by someone using MS Paint.

:D

Re:

Shimano SIS rear mech to replace the lovely old slightly worn mech that was on there, because it is the cheapest possible option to get the bike rolling again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :facepalm:

Re:

Listening or reading about a nice small sized retrobike :
"Wow, it seems to be a 29"!"
:facepalm:

Re:

A S**T lock !!

Spotted this recently... lovely Klein which won't remain their pride & joy much longer with that lock.

I had one of these Tescos £4 D-locks. Someone glued it (with a view to nicking later). I got it apart with a £3 B&Q crowbar and one hit :oops: :oops:

MADJEZ":29kkxeln said:
A S**T lock !!

Spotted this recently... lovely Klein which won't remain their pride & joy much longer with that lock.

I had one of these Tescos £4 D-locks. Someone glued it (with a view to nicking later). I got it apart with a £3 B&Q crowbar and one hit :oops: :oops:

Nobody will steal that. It's a Klein.

Back