What can kill the looks of a bike for you?

I feel kind of bad posting my first post just to be able to post my topic in the for sale section but I must say I agree with basically all your comments so far!!

*I'd almost managed to wipe the gag-inducing image of bar ends fitted at a vertical-up angle from my mind until reading this! arg!

*Huge frames with the seat right down so it can fit,
*Badly set up bikes on a whole (I'm a mechanic)
*Bikes which are cheap and nasty to a dangerous level i.e. most catalogue 'full-suspension' bikes. Because of this I find it hard to like the look of any Y-frames even if they're actually awesome!
*Cheap plastic Chain guards!

I think I'll stop now! errg

risers with barends - agreed!

kaiser":22eeekca said:
finally bar ends and risers :LOL:

Was just going to write that....

Stickers are also a pet hate of mine, since I ruined the appearance of couple of my bikes BITD.
Also...
Too many spacers under the stem.
Long stem with narrow bars/Small frame.
Directional tread tyres fitted the wrong way round.

Just 2 for me:

1. A quick release positioned at some weird angle puts me right off a bike. For me q/r should follow the lines of the bike. Seat post q/r's are the most annoying at this.

2. Cables that have not been crimped. Come on how hard is it.

jonnyboy666":300cfnrq said:
i hate bikes with scott stickers.

and i hate any bike with every free sticker from mbuk on it, the shove wasps up my ass etc type stickers, what cock thought that was a good idea?

Me too dude! :LOL:

I tick some boxes here I can tell you !! :oops: :LOL:

Quite agree with the Sticker thing ... Picked up an abused trek a while back and it was covered in Azonic stickers .... bas?ard to get off :twisted:

Back