What’s this?

I think most folk at an auction would pass that one by, it’s got a nice big hole in the tyres and flat tyres seem to be a deal breaker for many!

If you do get it I’d be interested to know what the hubs are. You don’t see many black hubs of that era.

I think most folk at an auction would pass that one by, it’s got a nice big hole in the tyres and flat tyres seem to be a deal breaker for many!

If you do get it I’d be interested to know what the hubs are. You don’t see many black hubs of that era.

Hubs are ridgeback own brand (judging from the ones I have, no logo other than a foil saying sealed mechanism..) not amazing, but decent and the rims look like the usual Ascenti ones they used.
The 531 had nice Maxicar hubs, but these aren't as its not a 531 & they're clearly not Maxicars.

apart from the beautiful re-paint, a few parts not right like the rear brake, rear mech, can't tell what the front mech is...i don't recognise the crank but it looks vintage enough, probably missing its guard hence the holes arround the edge..maybe the forks were swapped as not seen one with that stem combined with those forks only bi-plane or lugged crown - I have seen pics of bullmoose equipped ones with those forks, but still I may be wrong as front cantis look right, although nothing stopping someone having swapped those too. The rotting rear brake outer is original, but DOA.

Seatpost is very low so hopefully its not stuck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back