What’s this frame? Ritchey/Bonty? Something crap?

Blimey PipM - do you have room in your head for anything like your home address or car registration? It must be like being in Joe Murray’s mind up there.....

A quick image search shows lots of coyote road bikes with the same paint job (minus stars).

Blimey PipM - do you have room in your head for anything like your home address or car registration? It must be like being in Joe Murray’s mind up there.....
That made me chuckle :) .

Yes I do seem to have collated an extraordinary amount of Kona related information over the years. It's all documented on my Computer, so it's good that I can share it on here. I would go as far as to say that it's more comprehensive than contacting Kona Tech. They have previously told me that they have gone through so many System updates, that those still with the Company are working more from memory now regarding questions asked of them on bikes made back in the 90's.

Pip

After some Googling it seems Super cycles had a own brand called “Guess”. I’ve also noticed the bars it came with have “Guess” on them too. So I’m going to say it’s correct to say it’s a guess frame as that’s what the decals appear to say too

Sounds very likely - nice esoteric thing. Well done for tracking it down. Now to sort whether the Easton sticker is genuine. Quite a few Kona had that kind of bridge IIRC - Pipmeister is that right? Which does suggest USA made?

Rather interestingly the Easton Tubing used on the Guess frame seems to be a little higher in Specification than the Kona Kula of the same era.

You'll notice that the Guess Tubing Decals says "Main Tubes and Stays", while a Kula has only the "Three Main Tubes", with 7005 Generic Stays.

1997 Kula:

1997 Kula Tubing.jpg

The Custom Kona Ku however has a Tubing Decal that doesn't specify Main Tubes and Stays, although I believe that they are the higher Spec. that includes the Stays.

1996 Ku:

Easton Elite_3.JPG

Quite a few Kona had that kind of bridge IIRC - Pipmeister is that right?
Not sure what you mean by bridge?

Pip

Back