Jan Marten":7xstp67i said:
mincerobert4@gmail.com

Scammer replied to my wanted ad.

+1 nickname is rickisaw

I’ve banned him already

rookie3

Please ban rookie3

He says:

"my friend Ricky mentioned he's got one of those for sale, you should contact him since i'm sure it's still available, here's his gmail"

Re:

Got a typical reply from Josephine2 regarding a wanted post for an Ac Chainguide which I am still looking for.
It just so happened he had several of them which set the alarms ringing.

Re:

Yep... I fell like a rotten apple on that...

"Hi there guys!

Be carefull when buying bikes or parts from people on the forum!
I did not do basic checks and as I was really wanting that frame, I ended up paying and never receiving the frame I paid for... And the seller dissapeard and no answer anymore.

So I thought it is important to advice everyone here to take extra care.

Explaining:
(Now I can see I fell on a fraud sale).

I posted a "Wanted MTB" looking for a GT Xizang.
I member here (Rookie3) sent me a message saying a friend of his (Richard Bones) had one. He passed me his email (bonesrichard99 AT gmail.com).
(later/now I checked this member profile (Rookie3) was created only to send me that message).
So I sent an email to his "friend". He sent me photos of the bike/frame.
We agreed on payment and I did.
Then he stopped replying me. Never sent the extra photos I asked for. Never shipped the frame.
After 10 days he sent me an email saying things were difficult, he appologize the way things ended and he would think on 2 options to return my money... bla bla bla... It has been 10 days again...

Please be aware and take extra care.
I know I could have avoided that with basic care and verification. But I did not. I trusted this was a great forum (and I know there are bad people everywhere)...
Retro Bike has no fault on this. I just suggest only members with minimum amount of messages, verified phones, emails, etc should be allowed to contact other members... Just a thought now.

Take care!"

Re: Re:

M-Power":1vv4j5lq said:
As the saying goes...if a deal seems too good to be true.....

I fell on the Rookie3... But this bastard knows a little bit also because the deal wasnt a "too good to be true"... So, take extra care.

ocris":3buv6kta said:
M-Power":3buv6kta said:

I fell on the Rookie3... But this bastard knows a little bit also because the deal wasnt a "too good to be true"... So, take extra care.

Can i ask how you paid for it? If you used Paypal you are covered and will get your money back!

mk one":1oo307rn said:
ocris":1oo307rn said:
M-Power":1oo307rn said:

Can i ask how you paid for it? If you used Paypal you are covered and will get your money back!

Right. My country difficulties with foreign trade made me fell on that also.
Brazil has some laws thatdo not allow the gift and family payment on paypal.
So I made a common payment as for a product or service. But in order for seller to send goods, I agreed to confirm it before (yeap!! My bad here! I know!). But it is usually the only way we are able to get things over here sometimes.
Said this, I did open a complaint on paypal. Is is been investigated.
I honestly dont think I will see that money again... USD 650... I lot of money for Brazilians... for anyone, actually...
So I am officially giving up on new MTB projects...

By the way, I am new to the forum as a member. But I have been searching here for very long.
I am more an enduro racer, trail building...

Cheers.

Back