Wanted - Merlin Cycles adverts late 90s

corpuschain

Dirt Disciple
Hey folks,

I'm looking for scans of Merlin Cycles adverts from the 90s-early 2000s.
They used to have an advert in MBUK or MBR every month, I recall, so there should be plenty around.

I think there might be two Merlins? One from the USA (Merlin Metalworks) and one from the UK (Merlin Cycles)? The latter were related to the Rock Lobster brand, and I think some adverts showed both Merlin and Rock Lobster bikes.
If anyone could shed light on that distinction, it'd be useful (was there ever animosity between the two?). I'm after adverts relating to the UK one.

Thank you very much for any help!

corpuschain":22m3bjj7 said:
Hey folks,

I'm looking for scans of Merlin Cycles adverts from the 90s-early 2000s.
They used to have an advert in MBUK or MBR every month, I recall, so there should be plenty around.

I think there might be two Merlins? One from the USA (Merlin Metalworks) and one from the UK (Merlin Cycles)? The latter were related to the Rock Lobster brand, and I think some adverts showed both Merlin and Rock Lobster bikes.
If anyone could shed light on that distinction, it'd be useful (was there ever animosity between the two?). I'm after adverts relating to the UK one.

Thank you very much for any help!

Early 2000's website if that helps any. have a play around
http://web.archive.org/web/200104011251 ... ycles.com/

Here is a double page advert from Mountain Bike World, issue 1, Spring 1997: I might have something a couple of years earlier too. These are only small jpgs but the original scans are 2Mb if you want to be able to read the text; I got an error message when trying to upload one of them to this website at full size though.

Attachments

• MerlinAdvertSpring1997MBW_1.jpg
    MerlinAdvertSpring1997MBW_1.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 677
  • MerlinAdvertSpring1997MBW_2.jpg
    MerlinAdvertSpring1997MBW_2.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 681
adroitstif":2sqjstxu said:
Here is a double page advert from Mountain Bike World, issue 1, Spring 1997: I might have something a couple of years earlier too. These are only small jpgs but the original scans are 2Mb if you want to be able to read the text; I got an error message when trying to upload one of them to this website at full size though.

OMG I didn't think anyone would reply!
Thank you so much! This is definitely an advert I remember :D

Thank you for taking the time to scan and upload it!

Re:

You should have 3MB for an upload, so get them down to that size.
I often find mobile sometimes doesn't work well with more than one picture.

We need more old scans of everything!

Back