Sorted Wanted: GT rigid 26" fork

Ah !! your after keeping the ahead set up then? 175 sounds long for the size of your headtube in the pic!
I have threaded forks....123,135 in 1 1/8 threaded and 175 in 1" threaded....yours looks to me 1 1/8 tho..

Ah !! your after keeping the ahead set up then? 175 sounds long for the size of your headtube in the pic!
I have threaded forks....123,135 in 1 1/8 threaded and 175 in 1" threaded....yours looks to me 1 1/8 tho.
This is the first time I have done anything like this, so I'm just tackling things as I go. I have very little knowledge of what I'm doing. If switching back to having rigid forks means removing the ahead set up that is fine with me.

Well you could hold out for a set of later forks that are the ahead type....IE not threaded. Slightly different in design and you'd need to keep an eye on getting the right length to keep geometry right.
However if you put threaded forks on your going to need a different headset....I'll see if any of mine have headsets in the morning. 👍

This is the first time I have done anything like this, so I'm just tackling things as I go. I have very little knowledge of what I'm doing. If switching back to having rigid forks means removing the ahead set up that is fine with me.
Im like you , I have no idea about different this fits with this and that I just like rolling around on a retro steed. 😂

I have a blue set knocking around although probably different in colour (they look like a 98/99 edition to me) I can send pics if interested. They are 1 1/8 threadless, I’ll have to check length.

Back