That's a beautiful bicycle. Vintage m/c club classes vintage as 25 years. So in my eyes vintage. Brifters have been with us for 35 is years now, where does time go 😁

This might be a good starting point for someone who fancies dipping their toe into randonneur ownership?. It's got some interesting features.

Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I love how my Frannie rides. If you want comfort over long distance of mixed surfaces, Rando is the way to go.
Nice looking bike. Wheels listed as 26" but I guess they are more likely to be 650B.

Fork blade shape looks like it might be durifort tubing 😍

I don’t think Peugeot has ever used Durifort tubes.
The tubes were manufactured in its factories (light and extra-light) except for high-end models (hikers or race) built with Vitus until 1957 then Reynolds appeared in the 1959 catalog.

This one is probably a "touriste léger" PC40 of 1952 recognizable by its brakes Bebolux.
It was the middle of the touring range, the upper models had Mafac cantilevers brakes.
The handlebar and brake levers must have been replaced by those of a randonneur.

For more details https://www.peugeotshow.com/

On such a beautiful bicycle, you must quickly forget the painful efforts to climb the hills with this duck flying in front of you.

Back