Think @grantoury pictures were revealing. Especially the tandem picture, that little load for two people.

I'll try and surf around from time to time and add snippets I come across.

Think this is a great thread, the banter will be fun, and let's hope some of these real gems find a good home and get posted here.

I've seen a few sentences on the some of the French forums where they (finally?) realise that if they hang about and dither when a "pearl amongst the stones" appears they will be snapped up by someone else and leave French territory. Don't think this is such a bad thing either, but with global Retro / Vintage fashion and that innate need the French seem to have to protect it's heritage things will be interesting going forward.

There is also the very now fashion of Gravel driving a re-birth a long. 650B dusted off, new tyres available. The ingredients are all there.

I could foresee there will be two piles like @Rod_Saetan sort of says. One at 30€, and another at 3000€.
Yes

And you are our secret weapon.....our planted deep undercover spy.....👍

Reactions: Woz
Back in the late 70's as a school boy in Velo Club Venta (Winchester) I did a couple of 100 mile Randonneaur events which on completion we would receive a certificate. Back then in Blighty they were called Reliability Trials...I much prefer the French translation Brevet... diploma or certificate. I didn't pay to much attention at school as I was more interested in riding and building bikes but at least I can say I've got two diploma's to my name..😂
Ace 👍 my school years were staring out the window until I realised just how easy it was bunk off....become a lot more interesting then!

Interesting point regarding the status of a brevet...I was wingman for a friend of mine doing silly long audax rides and helped him achieve super randonneur which I believe is actually in France a recognised title.....you can add it I presume to your name !

Between 1" and rounded down to 25mm as it suits you.

Next question (at the Inn probably @Imlach has said it's free bar cos he got a new toy and is excited to go on holiday ;))
I can live with that .... always preferred a baggy fit.
Free bar.....ooh...what you drinking tonight?

Back