Very, Very, Very Early Aluminum Mountain Bike

Unusual, but really like it. Forks obviously set it apart. Nice find, interesting to know how many were built.

Re:

Definitely not a home brew as I have seen one before, early nineties at the Cheddar Challenge, but for the life of me I can't recall anything about the owner or the bike.
I was on a borrowed Proflex 854 and remember comparing forks for no other reason than they both looked odd in comparison to most bikes at the time.
Of course, it could be the same bike, but very much doubt it.

Re:

Interesting. Try some of the U.S. Retro Facebook groups and you will almost certainly get it ID'd. The Vintage Mountainbike and Classic MTB Trading centre have experts in the most obscure early stuff.

dirttorpedo, I'll try to reach out to Gary Turner.

disco drive, not sure when Funk started building, worth a check.

xxxnick, possible, but it seems others have been spotted in the past.

24 pouces, cool indeed.

Cheshire, I'm guessing at least 37, lol.

cuminsky, this one is from southern California. where is the Cheddar Challenge held? How far back did you see it?

M-power, I'm not a big FB'er, but if any of you gents want to post it up I'd appreciate the help.

cheers,

Steve

Re: Re:

Cumisky":1g2nvfa1 said:
The Cheddar Challenge was a UK race weekend, hence my doubting this is the same bike. :D

Probably not likely, but anything is possible in almost twenty years.
Shame you didn't snap a picture.

I may never find out who built it, but it will be a fun search, and I'll keep riding it and smiling in the mean time.

Steve

Latest posts

Back