V brake bosses m10 x 1.5mm

Re: V brake bosses m10 x 1.0mm

Fair dos, I paid 16th October and they’ve arrived from Taiwan today - not bad at all I reckon

Attachments

• A6904070-4FF2-43D8-906F-DC59D3BFE622.jpeg
    A6904070-4FF2-43D8-906F-DC59D3BFE622.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 342
Re: V brake bosses m10 x 1.0mm

baj":1jggfs8o said:
Fair dos, I paid 16th October and they’ve arrived from Taiwan today - not bad at all I reckon

Ahh that's not bad at all... I ordered some the other day... So hopefully they'll arrive before Christmas :LOL:

Hiya! When my 1.0mm pitch bosses arrived I tried them and they didn’t appear to be right, even with lots of copper slip so.. I tried screwing in a rear mech, which is also 1.0mm pitch, and it went it smoothly, so I tried the 1.0mm pitch bosses again this time with a spanner rather than fingers(!) and they went in fine, I think perhaps something to do with the substance that was on the boss thread on arrival? Might be worth a try?

baj":2p27d4gw said:
Hiya! When my 1.25 pitch bosses arrived I tried them and they didn’t appear to be right, even with lots of copper slip so.. I tried screwing in a rear mech, which is also 1.25mm pitch, and it went it smoothly, so I tried the 1.25 bosses again this time with a spanner rather than fingers(!) and they went in fine, I think perhaps something to do with the substance that was on the boss thread on arrival? Might be worth a try?

Ah thanks. These knew ones are 1.0. Although it wasn't even close! The 1.25 was closer which is making me think its 1.5.

I thought a rear mech was 1.0mm?

Re:

I've tried 1.0 and 1.25. 1.0 doesn't go in at all. 1.25 goes in a bit and then stops.

I've read early USA frames were 1.5 (GT lts, Independent Fabrication, merlin) so wondering whether this is the same.

I did contact litespeed and they said they don't have data on older bikes. Any other litespeed owners out there that could help?

I’m sorry Dan, I was talking out me backside.. I’ve corrected my posts above.. it’s 1.0mm pitch that fit my salsa forks and the rear mech is, as you rightly pointed out, also 1.0mm pitch thread..

What fun it is trying to work out correct threads! There must be a relatively simple way to do it - we need a machinist or mechanical engineer to pipe up!

Re:

Well, finally found some normal bolts with a thread of 1.5 and they slipped straight in!

So I definitely need m10 x 1.5 bosses. Anyone have any or know where I can get some? They appear to be quite rare

Back