V brake bosses m10 x 1.5mm

dandy1

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After a pair of v brake bosses for my litespeed.

I've tried m8 and m10 and neither seem to fit. M10 was closer but I've maybe got the wrong thread?

Anyone know or have a pair?

Thanks

Edit: I've now tried m10 x 1.25 and m10 x 1.0 and neither go in. 1.25 is closer. I'm now wondering whether its 1.5 I need!

Anyone have a pair?

Re: V brake bosses

mdvineng":exk3b9xm said:
M10 came in 2 thread pitches

Ah OK thanks.

So I probably need the 'other' m10 to the one I've already got!

Is there any way to tell which pitch I need?

Re:

OK, m10 x 1.25 kind of goes in then becomes pretty tight and I don't fancy forcing it in. Perhaps it's m10 x 1.0mm pitch?

Anyone have a pair? Ideally in ti, but would take an ordinary pair

Re: V brake bosses m10 x 1.0mm

I bought a pair of new titanium m10 1.25 pitch V brake bosses, did exactly the same in my salsa fork.. I too then found out about the pitch issue! After a search online I did find some in 1.0 pitch, a German website does stainless steel and alu, I bought a pair of titanium ones from Taiwan on eBay for £15 which is cheaper than the German ones.. they will arrive sometime before the end of November apparently!

eBay titanium...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130950167164

German stainless steel or 7075 alu
https://brake-stuff.de/en/canti-studs/2 ... r-v-brakes

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

November! Mind you I did have a quick search and it seems 1.0mm pitch is hard to find. Google did throw up a few international websites but didn't want to risk it... EBay should be a bit safer. But thought I'd try here first.

Just added links..
yes I think they’ve been tied to a courier pigeon and the tracking info is the birds name and favourite food, which I’ve put on the window ledge, fingers crossed!

baj":201s8uno said:
Just added links..
yes I think they’ve been tied to a courier pigeon and the tracking info is the birds name and favourite food, which I’ve put on the window ledge, fingers crossed!

:LOL: thanks for those... Might give the ebay one ago. The bike is taking an age to build anyway, so those will probably arrive before I've got all the parts anyway!

Perhaps I remembered wrongly, mid December!

Attachments

• 589B1102-73C6-4E62-931C-AE2DA3DB3931.jpeg
    589B1102-73C6-4E62-931C-AE2DA3DB3931.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 432
Back