upcycled xtr chainset crank arms

mark orourke

Retro Guru
had some well used xtr crank arms but the chainset was still great condition so thought i would try something different with them,really happy how they have turned out especially with the white xtr decals(not for the purest i doubt) candy red faded into metallic green with ect small flakes to give it extra sparkle in the sunlight.they are going on a spare zaskar le frame i had so thought i might as well spray a spare syncros xc handle bar and add gt decals to use with clear grips,got 1 more clear coat to give them then start the build.....oh and have sprayed a spare post i had to match but have no pics as yet of that.....what are your thoughts????????????

Attachments

• 20210921_212812.jpg
    20210921_212812.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 39
  • b4 clearcoat1.jpg
    b4 clearcoat1.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 39
  • b4cc 2.jpg
    b4cc 2.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 40
Nice work on the spraying. look forward to seeing them on the bike
thankyou,hopefully the finished build will look ok,i just have a full bikes worth of components from the last few builds i have done and a spare zaskar le frame so thought i would why waste them(hate selling things lol) so we will see how it turns out,will post photos when finished

,i just have a full bikes worth of components from the last few builds i have done and a spare zaskar le frame so thought i would why waste them(hate selling things lol) so we will see how it turns out,will post photos when finished
:cool: I'm in the process of doing the very same thing... not a GT though

I think the cranks on their own looked ok as the paint job looked good, with the added matched bars and post i think they look pretty special and like above, i look forward to seeing them on the bike :cool:

right i have put post and bars on bike thankfully without scratching them(should of faded green higher on post as in riding position all you see is red).will put chainset on at weekend.the thing i am undecided on is i have got bored of the tan wall billy bonkers so i brought a pair of cream boozc light tyres(cheap but i liked how they look)and have a spare pair of crossmax sl ceramic wheels to use or should i take spins of my rts team put the boozc's on them and use them on the zaskar??? would love to hear your thoughts before i commit to change,thankyou for taking your time to read and hopefully comment

Attachments

• boozc light tyres.jpg
    boozc light tyres.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 10
  • pcas1.jpg
    pcas1.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 8
  • pcas2.jpg
    pcas2.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 9
  • pcas4 (1).jpg
    pcas4 (1).jpg