Unidentified bike help :)

Re:

Ok so I've had the bike back from paint now.
Clearly got some bits to get and work to do.

Thoughts?

The frame number on the bottom bracket shell is DQ17. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Dave Quinn?

Although on second thoughts it's possibly to old for him. Could be the initials of the person it was built for. I think Dave Russell used to use the owner's initials as a reference number on frames he built.

However, I'm not saying that it is one of his.

Re:

I thought DQ serial numbers were longer. I'd be interested to find out what it is but hey worst case is that it's just a nice 531c frame.

It is going to be a SS/Fixed but I'm on a RAF camp which is flat. No need for gears!

Re: Re:

paulr1980":2sv2kqrf said:
It is going to be a SS/Fixed but I'm on a RAF camp which is flat. No need for gears!
Just a Camp! Any such runways ? Could be fun blasting around the peri-track or giving it the beans down the main runway..lol

It has a look of Andy Thompson / Orbit about it.........Not sure what that has to do with DQ though.

Shaun

Re:

Yeah a 3 mile peri track out to a crash gate then I can takes number of routes really. Could do some sprinting though.

Interesting about orbit etc will look into it.

Now have matching honey Brooks bar tape, clips and a B17 imperial. Pretty slick for a £5 frame :)

Back