Ultra Rare Profile wrap-a-round bar ends - ebay.uk

Re:

Neither rare nor particularly good to use. The internal wedges only worked properly in a limited number of bars with wall thicknesses sufficient for the wedge to expand properly, and even then they were prone to slipping if you hit any curb, pothole, tree root, or rock while riding.

Re:

These are a better shape than my old Durango's - sort of a cross between Scott AT4's and the original Durango style

If anyone on here buys these or needs some spare wedges, I've a couple of unused sets they can have for nowt

Re: Re:

DeeEight":kur2q11u said:
Neither rare nor particularly good to use. The internal wedges only worked properly in a limited number of bars with wall thicknesses sufficient for the wedge to expand properly, and even then they were prone to slipping if you hit any curb, pothole, tree root, or rock while riding.

As did everything in those days :LOL: but thats not the point is it ;)

DeeEight":gz9cy790 said:
Also not worth more now used than what they sold new for 25 years ago.
Here's a top tip, don't buy them my old troll. And if you do invest in a torque wrench and some basic mechanicing skills, I'd hate for them to come loose on you whilst riding.

I'm guessing here, but are all your 600 posts over the past 7 years on the topic of barends? Each post perhaps giving an mbi style analysis of their functionality, production quantities and cost? In future maybe the site could further harness (and limit) your amazing opinions by allowing you (and just you) to score 25 year old products in a star rating out of 5 (or 10, you know best) snapshot analysis.

Thanks again, please do not purchase my barends I will not ship to Canada, unless of course Mike Kloser wants another pair to win the World Championships with.

DeeEight":1pxclenn said:

Ironic from someone who has been trying to sell some Tektro brake levers on ebay for months at a cost of almost £70 posted to the UK!

Rampage":1emjl3ve said:
DeeEight":1emjl3ve said:

Ironic from someone who has been trying to sell some Tektro brake levers on ebay for months at a cost of almost £70 posted to the UK!

I don't particularly care if someone in the UK wants to buy them though. I could simply outright not bother with the UK altogether. Its a minor market compared to the collectors from Germany and Switzerland and Spain. And as I've said in other threads, and in my ebay listings, I won't ship without proper tracking and insurance, and being that I'm in Canada... thousands of miles away across an ocean...that costs more.

DeeEight":i0nu7iqt said:
Rampage":i0nu7iqt said:
DeeEight":i0nu7iqt said:

I don't particularly care if someone in the UK wants to buy them though. I could simply outright not bother with the UK altogether. Its a minor market compared to the collectors from Germany and Switzerland and Spain. And as I've said in other threads, and in my ebay listings, I won't ship without proper tracking and insurance, and being that I'm in Canada... thousands of miles away across an ocean...that costs more.

Well that settles that then and watch the door doesnt hit you on the 4r5e on the way out. :LOL: :LOL:

DeeEight":l0x1m7pr said:
Rampage":l0x1m7pr said:
DeeEight":l0x1m7pr said:

I don't particularly care if someone in the UK wants to buy them though. I could simply outright not bother with the UK altogether. .

Your not related to Gerald Ratner are you?

Back