Trialsmeister's Marin Team Marin. Browning front end.

Trialsmeister

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After being woefully rubbish, at doing any build threads, they're like busses and here come two at once!

First up, as recently acquired from MrOX, via here, the not. So common,
Team Marin, built circa '91 with a dedicated 1" 1/4 headtube and geometry, to accommodate the Browning front suspension unit.

*** Much more detail and useful information on these Marins, can be found on boy"O"boy's Pine Mountain thread, link to, as below.***

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=379803

As the beast arrived, packed with great care by MrOX, when I talked in to sending, despite being for collection only! Thanks again chap :cool:

Most groupset parts, we assume are original, XT 730/732 hub, Araya rimmed wheels, not shown but here too.

Jobs list to begin, remove stuck seatpost, bottom bracket, drink tea...

I'd like to keep as original as reasonably possible, so beginning with a blast from the hairdryer to heat bots, tubes and BB after liberal plusgas!

Well, it's not much use for my heeeed?!!

To be continued....

M

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 411
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 411
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 411
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 411
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 411
Trialsmeister":196ml167 said:
*** Much more detail and useful information on these Marins, can be found on boy"O"boy's Pine Mountain thread, link to, as below.***

M

Mike. Thanks for the link to mine. If you find out any more info, feel free to add it to my thread as well as your own.
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this.
No progress on mine this weekend - I got to go riding at Cannock Chase instead (modern mind! ;))
I did measure the seat post with my digital calipers though. I'll update in mine, but once you get that seat post out, you'll need a 29.4mm
(Guessed wrong before but knew it was an odd size)

That picture of your noggin.... There's some interesting Marins in your collection. You got any previous build threads for these? They look great!! I take it you're a big fan of the Marin?

Keep up the good work!
boy"O"boy

Minifreak":9k1mkcix said:
Love this bike, can’t wait to see more updates :)

MR OX":9k1mkcix said:
Really looking forward to this!

boy"O"boy":9k1mkcix said:
Trialsmeister":9k1mkcix said:

M

Mike. Thanks for the link to mine. If you find out any more info, feel free to add it to my thread as well as your own.
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this.
No progress on mine this weekend - I got to go riding at Cannock Chase instead (modern mind! ;))
I did measure the seat post with my digital calipers though. I'll update in mine, but once you get that seat post out, you'll need a 29.4mm
(Guessed wrong before but knew it was an odd size)

That picture of your noggin.... There's some interesting Marins in your collection. You got any previous build threads for these? They look great!! I take it you're a big fan of the Marin?

Keep up the good work!
boy"O"boy

Thanks chaps. The BB is out thus far, giving a good acccess to the seat tube for maximum sprayage, on 4hours and one can of freeze spray now, the beggar hasn't budged. Softly, Softly, don't want to do a Number on this frame.

boy"o"boy, thanks for the seatpost tip, I know a man on here who's got a Tco to match my bulge, mwahaha...

So, yeah I'm a Marin guy. Had a Palisades in 1993, which was my first proper mountainbike. (Previously had campaigned a Raleigh Mustang). I did some miles on that steel rimmed, 15spd monster, but that Palisades opened up the hills to me.
I built my zaskar from a tech shop frame in 94 (still got) and swapped the palisades for the financial equivalent of the Maguras I got for it. The zaskar (16") was built as a trials bike and was always too small for the miles I could cover in the uplands on that Marin, it never hit the spot on the trails the same.
I've been rubbish at threads on the bikes, partly due to not actually building those in the bald bonce pic, they were picked up as is, bone stock and as tidy as I could get for the expendables, over the years. The list gets worserer, as I've a Quake arriving from Minifreak this week :roll:

More work on the bike will ensue asap, life unfortunately, likes to bike block us all sometimes!

Best,

Mike

Back