Trailwright's 1991 GT Xizang LE

I have only just seen this post, really awesome to see you have kept the bike and what a great video. The Xizang looks great after a sympathetic restoration, I think keeping it original with the added patina is the best way.
I rode the cross country as an amateur on my Xizang/ zaskar around the same period and remember some of the courses being so slippy and tough when the rains came. A great period of my life I will never forget, and I have luckily kept hold of my bikes too!

I have only just seen this post, really awesome to see you have kept the bike and what a great video. The Xizang looks great after a sympathetic restoration, I think keeping it original with the added patina is the best way.
I rode the cross country as an amateur on my Xizang/ zaskar around the same period and remember some of the courses being so slippy and tough when the rains came. A great period of my life I will never forget, and I have luckily kept hold of my bikes too!
Thanks, and good to see you have kept the bikes too. That's some collection! They really were exciting times to be involved in the scene. Muddiest races I ever did were the Strathpeffer Grundig in 92 and Bosley in 91. Thankfully I was a decent enough runner to howff my way through it all!

Back