Townsend Super "E" Tracker!

Im afriad the sort if saddle i tend towards is disliked by most for its lack of creature comforts. I woyld have thought, given the inclusion of a motor that something of a modern desogn may work. Perhaps a charge spoon in brown leather (ish), along with a similar leather(ish) grips could fit with the ethos of the build.

Just a quick update for all the Townsend Super E Tracker fans out there.
The brakes are working a lot better now, no squeal, new Ritchey pads and new straddle hanger bits too.
Tan wall tyres look much better as does the Brooks saddle, thanks @MatBH5 and really comfy too.
Quick pic on the way home from work today.
IMG_20210803_170127.jpg

Very nice, the saddle really finishes it.
You've inspired me to do one of these myself, bought a crappy old ebike for the motor etc, it's a front wheel drive though, just need to decide on a final concept.
There's a rusty old Muddy Fox Pathfinder in the garage that's looking like prime candidate.

Very nice, the saddle really finishes it.
You've inspired me to do one of these myself, bought a crappy old ebike for the motor etc, it's a front wheel drive though, just need to decide on a final concept.
There's a rusty old Muddy Fox Pathfinder in the garage that's looking like prime candidate.
Thanks, a Muddy Fox would have been my first choice, a much nicer frame than the Townsend, Reynolds or Tange as apposed to High Tensile steel, I have to be honest, I'm a bit scared of front wheel drive though! So long as it doesn't have too much power! But go for it.

All this makes me want to make a cafe racer style e bike. Ive been dreaming about a cafe racer inspired bike for years, rigid triple clamps from something like a scwinn cruiser but dropped through the crowns for a more normal geometry. Clip on bars. 1 gear and a curved tube beach cruiser frame. I'd need to weld up the forks for a disc brake along with an ebike hub it would look great.

Wont happen, sinply because i cant afford to do it. But those saddle bags would have worked a treat.

Anyways,love the look, fat slicks would be my preference but the tan nobblies work great.

Back