Townsend Super "E" Tracker!

novocaine

Old School Hero
Im afriad the sort if saddle i tend towards is disliked by most for its lack of creature comforts. I woyld have thought, given the inclusion of a motor that something of a modern desogn may work. Perhaps a charge spoon in brown leather (ish), along with a similar leather(ish) grips could fit with the ethos of the build.

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
Just a quick update for all the Townsend Super E Tracker fans out there.
The brakes are working a lot better now, no squeal, new Ritchey pads and new straddle hanger bits too.
Tan wall tyres look much better as does the Brooks saddle, thanks @MatBH5 and really comfy too.
Quick pic on the way home from work today.
IMG_20210803_170127.jpg

Tsundere

Retro Guru
Very nice, the saddle really finishes it.
You've inspired me to do one of these myself, bought a crappy old ebike for the motor etc, it's a front wheel drive though, just need to decide on a final concept.
There's a rusty old Muddy Fox Pathfinder in the garage that's looking like prime candidate.

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
Very nice, the saddle really finishes it.
You've inspired me to do one of these myself, bought a crappy old ebike for the motor etc, it's a front wheel drive though, just need to decide on a final concept.
There's a rusty old Muddy Fox Pathfinder in the garage that's looking like prime candidate.
Thanks, a Muddy Fox would have been my first choice, a much nicer frame than the Townsend, Reynolds or Tange as apposed to High Tensile steel, I have to be honest, I'm a bit scared of front wheel drive though! So long as it doesn't have too much power! But go for it.

novocaine

Old School Hero
All this makes me want to make a cafe racer style e bike. Ive been dreaming about a cafe racer inspired bike for years, rigid triple clamps from something like a scwinn cruiser but dropped through the crowns for a more normal geometry. Clip on bars. 1 gear and a curved tube beach cruiser frame. I'd need to weld up the forks for a disc brake along with an ebike hub it would look great.

Wont happen, sinply because i cant afford to do it. But those saddle bags would have worked a treat.

Anyways,love the look, fat slicks would be my preference but the tan nobblies work great.