Tower Cycles Birmingham head badge decal help...

It looks great but if I may be so cheeky as to say that maybe the rider needs to go slightly to the left more? It looks like the junction of his leg and the wheel should be more over the R.
I am in no way a critic or could even replicate this type of thing but as soon as I looked at it I naturally thought it wasn't centred so went and looked at the original. So feel free to tell me to exit the discussion ;)

Jamie

RobLoasby":2qbig3m2 said:
Pity I didn’t keep my dad's photos/negatives as, if Ant Taylor was riding Alan Richards’ bikes, he took quite a few photos of him at various TTs.

I think he mainly rode Major Nicholls frames - but then Major Nicholls built for several Midlands shops.

Jamiedyer":3jihqle5 said:
It looks great but if I may be so cheeky as to say that maybe the rider needs to go slightly to the left more? It looks like the junction of his leg and the wheel should be more over the R.
I am in no way a critic or could even replicate this type of thing but as soon as I looked at it I naturally thought it wasn't centred so went and looked at the original. So feel free to tell me to exit the discussion ;)

Jamie

You may well be right! It was tricky because following the angles that I could see, it obviously comes out a bit odd, with the lower part of the rider's leg being much too short (for starters), but then the original design was trying to get the letters T and C into the shape of someone riding a bike, which to be honest, was never really going to look 'right', if you see what I mean!

I'm sure it's not spot on, but at this point I'm happy enough with it...this build has already become about 500% more complicated than originally I thought it would be! :facepalm:

Back