Serotta Ti-Max : Information Wanted (Updated Frame Photos - March 14th)

Your frame is nothing mysterious, it's a CHT between 2001 and 2004.
It has the 3D XL dropouts which appeared in 2001.
During this period they only offered the CHT (Colorado Hard Tail).
It must have the tapered downtube (wider at the BB).
You can see the differences on my Serotta Ti-Max and CST.

IMG_4648.jpeg IMG_4655.jpeg

Thanks for that bit of data. Actually, when performing a search on Yandex, Google, Qwant, etc. for "serotta ti-max" your older pictures are pretty much the only search results. I don't have enough experience with the subtle que's to have placed the frame in a proper build year.

I would like to think that the serial number would elude to build date. Have you any info regarding late 90's early 2000's serial numbers? Does your Ti-Max SN start with CHT? Feel free to IM me sensative details if you wish.

Mine is CTM 18 166. Number 166/out-how-ever-many.

I owned this exact bike Serotta TiMax and raced it for many years in Boise, Idaho. This bike looks spot on to my bike.

I had sent in an older TiMax and Ben rebuilt it with an entire new rear triangle. I wanted the larger chainstays that they had been released. I had ridden the bike and had it built out with some super rare parts (OG Syncros, Custom SID with Englund air kits and carbon fiber lowers, Mavic Crossmax wheels). When I received the bike back from Serotta the welder (probably not Ben in those days) missed welding on the rear derailleur cable guide on the chainstay. I had it fixed, but it was quite the ordeal.

Unfortunately, this bike was stolen from the shop that I had it at. It was heart breaking for me. I have always looked for sale bikes I could replace with my race bike.

If you would consider ever selling this frame I am very interested in replacing this bike that I raced for many years. I would appreciate any consideration if you should wish to flip this for another you prefer.

I owned this exact bike Serotta TiMax and raced it for many years in Boise, Idaho. This bike looks spot on to my bike.

I had sent in an older TiMax and Ben rebuilt it with an entire new rear triangle. I wanted the larger chainstays that they had been released. I had ridden the bike and had it built out with some super rare parts (OG Syncros, Custom SID with Englund air kits and carbon fiber lowers, Mavic Crossmax wheels). When I received the bike back from Serotta the welder (probably not Ben in those days) missed welding on the rear derailleur cable guide on the chainstay. I had it fixed, but it was quite the ordeal.

Unfortunately, this bike was stolen from the shop that I had it at. It was heart breaking for me. I have always looked for sale bikes I could replace with my race bike.

If you would consider ever selling this frame I am very interested in replacing this bike that I raced for many years. I would appreciate any consideration if you should wish to flip this for another you prefer.
Apologies for the thread hijack. @Gravnetic I have one of these I'm selling if you want to have a discussion. There are pics in the "What's my XYZ worth" https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/serotta-timax.469593/

No price as I'm trying to find roughly what people are paying and if there's interest. I'll do some more digging and put an official "For Sale" thread. Over the weekend.
I can include the brake adapter for the use of post mount discs.

Please give me a first shot at purchasing it. It is a frame I would like to put back in my quiver as my previous one was stolen from me, and it just stings.
OK, first refusal is yours. £1600 posted to mainland UK. Will need to get a quote if you're international. Can provide more photos if needed.

OK, first refusal is yours. £1600 posted to mainland UK. Will need to get a quote if you're international. Can provide more photos if needed.
Sorry, just saw your message this morning with all the BFCM emails it was a bit burried. $2000 is too much for me, thank you. I had anticipated it going for closer to $1000.

Back