Top three all time upgrades - flexstem to short stem?

Engine, getting out more and sunshine :cool:
Spot on. All through the winter I’ve been on the turbo or working out. Nothing gets close to real riding off road. As for the upgrades bought SPD Dec 90 never looked back. Cycling shorts. No more saw ness for me. Finding a great area to ride.

1. Bit more cash than just "pocket money" to spend.
2. Riser bars......( wait for screaming to start, but at 6' 5" everythings too small).
3. Titanium knee replacement.

Quick release anything- remember carrying a bone spanner with you?

Lighting- going down in size, less neediness on nuclear and road lighting size batteries.

Brake levers- switching to diacompe xce from cheng or c star branded levers lessened to risk of osteoarthritis later in life.

Quick release anything- remember carrying a bone spanner with you?

Lighting- going down in size, less neediness on nuclear and road lighting size batteries.

Brake levers- switching to diacompe xce from cheng or c star branded levers lessened to risk of osteoarthritis later in life.
Lights are a great shout - LEDs have transformed night riding; can remember hauling along pitch black Welsh lanes on one candle power halogen - that faded over the 9 miles from work to home... In fact with three little ones and work now, evenings are the only times left for a ride - I would barely be riding at all these days without seriously bright, long run lights!

Modern rubber is cropping up a lot, and can only agree.

This is all sounding a bit modern for Retro MTB chat! Dropper posts??!!
34964648753_8f15fccb2b_b.jpg

remote controlled dropper post from 30 years ago!

Not so shite when used with the remote dropper QR, obviously not quite as good as a modern one..

A dropper post for the difficult bits

Solo cycle touring in my 50s - custom built bike was a revelation

Modern forks are amazing. pity they were stolen along with Alves

Back