Top quality full susser, in Jalalabad, Afghanistan

badbaz77

Retrobike Rider
Evening all, thought i would share this with you all.

I am currently working in Lashkar gar, Helmand Province Afghanistan. Ive been around the country a bit and back at xmas i was based in Jalalabad One morning i was nattering away to one of the local Afghany guys about my hobbies and one of the being Bikes and what have you.

While chatting about what bike i had, and was looking forward to getting out for a ride back in uk, he says '' I have a mountain bike, cost me a quite alot and its a quality bike''. When explaining what he has, full suspension and disk brakes and it cost him loads of dosh, i said well bring it into work, let me have a go.

Well, following day he turns up with this little beauty. its his pride and joy guys, and i didnt have the heart to for one show him mine, or any of the full suspension bikes for example on ebay.

He also said ''Take if on friday, go for a ride up along the river, its perfectly safe'' ( Friday being the Afghany day off ).

I said thanks but no thanks, really not a good idea as much as it would have felt noce to get out, i wasnt going out on a bike, especially this one.

Anyway i got some pics for you guys, have a giggle and tell me your thoughts

Baz

Attachments

• HPIM1789.JPG
    HPIM1789.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • HPIM1790.JPG
    HPIM1790.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,131
  • HPIM1792.JPG
    HPIM1792.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • HPIM1791.JPG
    HPIM1791.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,131
Full Susser

Heres a few more for you

Baz

Attachments

• HPIM1793.JPG
    HPIM1793.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,127
  • HPIM1794.JPG
    HPIM1794.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,127
  • HPIM1795.JPG
    HPIM1795.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 1,127
  • HPIM1796.JPG
    HPIM1796.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,127
l

:D Qualitat! Ive seen the mountains in Afghanistan,if he says its a mountain bike,then i wouldnt mind one myself...

HE has a bike that he loves, no problem here! :cool:

It may well have cost him a lot of money, the same way my muddyfox pathfinder did when I was 14. I was so proud of that bike.

Good for him!

Well it's not the best bike I've seen, but, it's his pride and joy, he rides it and judging by the pics he looks after it. That's where we all started.
I wonder if it did cost him a hell of a lot, wages wise.

cool,would be ace to actually ride around afghanistan without the current issues. the place looks amazing,bit like morocco.

if his pride and joy takes him to that special place we all share as riders then good on him and another triumph for bicycles.

happy days :D

Dual crown forks and threaded headset :LOL:

Agree with the above though, as long as he's into it and enjoys it who cares.

Good luck to the guy, nice of him to offer you a loan of it too :cool:, also nice of you to knock him back in a nice way :LOL:

What a totally cool guy :D .....He han't got the means or access to all that we have but just like us he probably pushed the boat out as far as he could to buy something that he truly cherishes....AND he's willing to share it :cool: :cool: ....true rider spirit - wish him well for me when you see him again

Forks that match the frame colour, strange wheel choice, it's not Marin Man is it?

Seriously though, what a nice guy and a great story. :D

Back