Tomac

Just the way the article was written. I watched the grundigs 92/93 the other day, he was mostly in a different league apart from frischy
In all sports they have had a person come along who just is head and shoulders above the rest. F1 schumacher, Snooker Steve Davies, Rallying Sébastien Loeb, etc etc with no drugs

In all sports they have had a person come along who just is head and shoulders above the rest. F1 schumacher, Snooker Steve Davies, Rallying Sébastien Loeb, etc etc with no drugs
Didn't mean to touch a nerve😅 was putting a question out there

Didn't mean to touch a nerve😅 was putting a question out there

Didn't touch a nerve. I can't stand Tomac. I think he was over rated and was a manufacturer's dream. He rode it if they paid. Gould, Baker, Ned and Thomas Frischknecht were miles better.

Gould and Baker defo, just didnt have the bottle for the biggest occasion for some reason

Drugs have been rife in cycling for decades. some use it, some end up selling it.

I was gutted, when it all came to light with Armstrong, dont spoil anymore memories of my youth. Please.

didn’t I see that missy the missile givoe get done for drugs

“you can’t dope up skills”

Tomac is on the record saying that from 1996 onwards the XC World Cup had a lot of new top riders doping and he, Ned and Tinker etc couldn’t compete anymore. If he was doping, surely you would just dope more/better to win!

"I will keep this very complicated subject a bit short and sweet. Dopers suck and they are cheaters. They take the easy way out, and what good is a win if it is not real. Early XC mountain bike racing was clean, but it changed in the early to mid 1990s in my opinion. When I was road racing as a pro in Europe in 1990 and 1991, I knew it was not on the level, so I left that sport and went back to full time mountain bike racing. Then it crept into mountain bike racing which sucked, but at least mountain bike racing was a bit technical and you can’t dope up skills. I was never really all that tempted because I made a moral decision not to do it early on. Once I decided that, I just did the work and did the best with what I had."

didn’t I see that missy the missile givoe get done for drugs2009
Poor old Missy got well done for drugs back in 2009! She would do drug runs on a motor cross bike! I think she’s in a better place now👍

“The mountain bike community was shaken yesterday and this morning after learning that former world champion Missy “the Missile” Giove was arrested on federal drug charges following a large-scale drug bust near Albany, New York. According to several published reports, Giove was charged Tuesday with conspiring to possess and distribute nearly 400 pounds of marijuana.

The 37-year-old Giove and two others were taken into custody after police followed a truck and trailer she was driving to the residence of Eric Canori, 30, of Wilton, New York. Police reportedly seized 220 pounds of marijuana from the trailer and another 150 pounds from Canori’s home, where they also found more than $1 million in cash hidden in a closet and in the basement.”

Good god, I haven't had a special roll-up since Notting Hill Carnival 3 years ago. And I'm not a professional MTB-er...

Back