Titanium project two fork

I've got a pair of 4-t (now wittson) titanium forks and as @M-Power suggests they are blooming nice when paired with a titanium frame and titanium handlebars. I wouldn't say they replace the need for suspension, but they are a great half way house.

I asked Rody of Groovy Cycles about Titanium forks a few years back. I think he said the gauge of tubing you would need to use in order to ensure suitable strength around the area of the dropouts negated any ride benefits obtained by the material. Don't think Steve Potts makes his Type 2 fork in Titanium so that should speak volumes as well.

I read the same thing. I had a set of NOS XACD Chinese forks off here a few years ago. They seemed pretty rigid to me when i tried to bend them. Were very well made. Early versions had failure issues apparently but these were noticeably thicker gauge tubing and the new owner loves them. My Moratis are amazing to ride, zero issues. Its prob more the cost is too high, thus little demand and so they aren't commercially made except in China.Iirc FATs chief welded once said there is zero margin for error building Ti frames. If the alignment goes out or the weld is compromised its scrap and $$$ lost. I can imagine Ti forks have such issues magnified even more. There was an art to predicting the amount the frame would bend into or out of alignment during the welding process.

Last edited:
I've got a pair of 4-t (now wittson) titanium forks and as @M-Power suggests they are blooming nice when paired with a titanium frame and titanium handlebars. I wouldn't say they replace the need for suspension, but they are a great half way house.

A great 1/2 way house 👍 I only ride CX and cruise around on it. Its the bike equivalent of a Lambo 😂 Something about lots of Ti and anno gets the attention from cyclists and non alike, with lots of “nice bike” comments. Yep, im a bit of a bike tart ☺️ Klein owners will know what I mean 😱 🤣

At the time I was asking Rody I ended up with him making me a set of steel forks from the left overs from fat chance stock he had bought up. He designed them to suit the lines of my Kona more than the original Fat forks. How I wish I had kept those forks! 😥😥😥😥

At the time I was asking Rody I ended up with him making me a set of steel forks from the left overs from fat chance stock he had bought up. He designed them to suit the lines of my Kona more than the original Fat forks. How I wish I had kept those forks! 😥😥😥😥
You silly sausage:rolleyes: 😜

Any pics of them ?

Back