Titan 1/2 Trac

Signing up for updates @27motorhead , very cool looking project :cool:
Thanks! It is indeed a very cool project for me ever since seeing one up-close way back in 1990. That first encounter is still engrained in my brain like it was yesterday. Just don't ask me what I did yesterday! 🤣

Quite rare for these shores too and doesn't look like many have been built-up on RetroBike to my knowledge. Might even need to do some painting too (touching up only of course because the patina is totally delicious! 😋) so that'll be fun, especially with that military/agricultural hammered finish.

Really interested to see how this beast rides too! 💪

Nice pics and write up! I also remember that MBUK article with the lake jumping pic - I remember it seemed so inconceivable to my teenage mind that someone would do that with their £1k+ bike, but hey it definitely sold some copies of the magazine!

Looking forward to seeing this built up and glad you’re keeping the paint 😎

Nice pics and write up! I also remember that MBUK article with the lake jumping pic - I remember it seemed so inconceivable to my teenage mind that someone would do that with their £1k+ bike, but hey it definitely sold some copies of the magazine!

Looking forward to seeing this built up and glad you’re keeping the paint 😎
Back in the day, it certainly was an expensive bike to jump into lakes. Also a bloody heavy bike to retrieve from the bottom of a lake should you let go!

I have wondered if this was ever Jamie Tatlow's old frame at all? He has posted on here, so I might try and track him down and see if it was. It's got plenty of rust in places so looks like it might have sat the the bottom of a lake at some time! 🤣

No update on my build, but this is a great thread courtesy of @uschibert. If you're not German and using Chrome, it should auto translate to your native tongue. 👍
Some amazing early adverts and 1990 brochure included in the thread 😎.

@uschibert 1/2 Trac is currently entered in March's BOTM https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/bike-of-the-month-march-2023-taking-entries.458297/

Last edited:
Back