BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I quite like the idea of building a "Fat-bike-lite"

Ti (disc) frame, rigid fork (disc) with 2.4 tyres and 1x10 drive-train.

Suggestions please for a suitable frame and drive-train.

Cheers

Charge did a titanium and 650b plus version of their Cooker about 4-5 years ago. If it's like the others of that era, it took a standard hub (rather than boost) and can accommodate 2.8 inch tyres.

greencat":2rg7v5gl said:
Charge did a titanium and 650b plus version of their Cooker about 4-5 years ago. If it's like the others of that era, it took a standard hub (rather than boost) and can accommodate 2.8 inch tyres.

Would the 650 work with 'standard' 26" mtb wheels?

Definitely want standard hubs etc, don't want to get into boost stuff or tapered headtubes etc! :LOL:

Cheers

wadsy":2af1pr31 said:
greencat":2af1pr31 said:

Definitely want standard hubs etc, don't want to get into boost stuff or tapered headtubes etc! :LOL:

Cheers

26 inch wheels are gonna drop the bottom bracket - possibly too low to avoid regular pedal strikes. I believe there are ways around putting a non-tapered fork in a tapered headtube.

2manyoranges":178kvjbn said:
Hmmmm let me think....oh, I know....Stanton and Cotic - my favourite flavours at the moment....

I'd wondered if the Soda would take a 2.4 tyre?

Haven't heard of Stanton; will have a look.

I'd be looking at s/h frame though.

Cheers

greencat":3ms17ans said:
wadsy":3ms17ans said:
greencat":3ms17ans said:

Cheers

26 inch wheels are gonna drop the bottom bracket - possibly too low to avoid regular pedal strikes.

Ok, so non 650b - would the standard cooker take a 2.4?

wadsy":rjec0cjo said:
Ok, so non 650b - would the standard cooker take a 2.4?

I don't know I'm afraid. I can only speak from experience of owning a 650b+ Charge Cooker (non-Ti).

Re:

I've got a rock lobster team ti. The wishbone seat stay might give clearance for 2.4 tyres, would need to check if it does, and the chain stay can too. If interested in finding out, let me know and I can take some measurements.

Back