Ti CQP cranks

Ti cranks for the sake if it are a bit pointless like a heavier CK Ti headset imo. Ti’s natural flexibility has ride quality benefits in frames, bars, seatposts but those same characteristics arent suited to ‘stiff’ components like cranks. Beautiful though these are give me RSRs any day. I have 6 sets that have been hammered for 30+ years and they still look good and ride superbly. People will pay anything for uber rare components FB ‘likes’ these days but far less for the finest hand built frames, the actual heart of the bike….totally bizarre logic.

Ti cranks for the sake if it are a bit pointless like a heavier CK Ti headset imo. Ti’s natural flexibility has ride quality benefits in frames, bars, seatposts but those same characteristics arent suited to ‘stiff’ components like cranks. Beautiful though these are give me RSRs any day. I have 6 sets that have been hammered for 30+ years and they still look good and ride superbly. People will pay anything for uber rare components FB ‘likes’ these days but far less for the finest hand built frames, the actual heart of the bike….totally bizarre logic.
sorry, totally disagree with that, have a look at cane creek eewings titanium cranks. theres a 10 year warranty on them for a reason, they're tough. stiffer than xtr & last considerably longer than any carbon crank where the pedal inserts always work loose. ... you likely werent talking about modern parts ;)

Cranks have always carried the heaviest retro tax. It was ever thus.

… and let’s be honest, a fair amount of this strange little hobby is about aesthetics and rarity - or we’d all be riding LX Clockworks and be done with it… and those things are both rare and lovely 🤷🏼‍♂️

Excellent points here.

I get bars and frame, and have just said as much in the RekTek thread. But I agree that it makes little sense almost anywhere else.

Also, any chance one of those 6 sets of RSR's are going spare anytime soon!? ;)

Currently hunting for a couple of options for different builds and, well, you can't blame a guy for trying!

sorry, totally disagree with that, have a look at cane creek eewings titanium cranks. theres a 10 year warranty on them for a reason, they're tough. stiffer than xtr & last considerably longer than any carbon crank where the pedal inserts always work loose. ... you likely werent talking about modern parts ;)
Love the new Ti Eewings 😎 and I was referring to the ‘retro’ Ti cranks of which there are a few commanding silly money. There are plenty of threads showing how fragile Ti forks and cranks can be. Some riders were pretty badly injured by their ‘catastrophic failure’ too. I love my Morati Ti forks but I would never risk a fast gnarly descent on them 😉
Cranks have always carried the heaviest retro tax. It was ever thus.

… and let’s be honest, a fair amount of this strange little hobby is about aesthetics and rarity - or we’d all be riding LX Clockworks and be done with it… and those things are both rare and lovely 🤷🏼‍♂️
Its starting to be more than 90% aesthetics it seems, ‘FB/IG likes’ and flexing wealth 🤷🏻‍♂️. I prefer to spend on what gives the best ride, frame, forks, wheels, then upgrading parts in that order. I love my bling and have plenty but its got to be justifiably ‘fit for purpose’.

@ Pw_pw_la Maaaan I love the Cook Bros RSRs but if I split/sell any of those bikes I will give you a shout 👍😁

Love the new Ti Eewings 😎 and I was referring to the ‘retro’ Ti cranks of which there are a few commanding silly money. There are plenty of threads showing how fragile Ti forks and cranks can be. Some riders were pretty badly injured by their ‘catastrophic failure’ too. I love my Morati Ti forks but I would never risk a fast gnarly descent on them 😉

Its starting to be more than 90% aesthetics it seems, ‘FB/IG likes’ and flexing wealth 🤷🏻‍♂️. I prefer to spend on what gives the best ride, frame, forks, wheels, then upgrading parts in that order. I love my bling and have plenty but its got to be justifiably ‘fit for purpose’.

@ Pw_pw_la Maaaan I love the Cook Bros RSRs but if I split/sell any of those bikes I will give you a shout 👍😁
Yeah - see it in the watch world for quite a while. Driven the market crazy there. Hopefully it doesn’t catch on in our little corner of the universe.

Yeah, Pepsi and Hulks. Il stick to bricks as an investment 🙇🏻
Instagram has turned watches into an asset class. Now if you wear your Batman etc you risk some insta-addict Gen Z’er hacking your arm off with a machete to get the damn thing.

Hence i wear G-Shock. At least if the machete blow comes one day I have a better than evens chance of deflecting it, with no obvious damage to the watch!

Instagram has turned watches into an asset class. Now if you wear your Batman etc you risk some insta-addict Gen Z’er hacking your arm off with a machete to get the damn thing.

Hence i wear G-Shock. At least if the machete blow comes one day I have a better than evens chance of deflecting it, with no obvious damage to the watch!
At least a machete is quick…gives you a few seconds before the blood loss and shock kicks in. I read about someone who suffered fumbled bolt cutters to get her wedding ring finger off faster in Belsize. Some nice people out there.

Back