Thoughts about repainting a frame as another brand

codydaniels

Dirt Disciple
What is your guys opinion on repainting a frame from one manufacturer to resemble something from another manufacturer? Such as, painting something affordable like something that is relatively unaffordable. Providing it is somehow marked as not real, and is not being done to defraud another person, just a fun project for myself. I am asking because I posted on another site and it did not go over well with them so I am curious what you Retro guys would think of such a project.

If you change the name in a playful, witty and obvious way who could be offended?

What were you thinking about?

Re:

I mean, its your bike, but i wouldnt.
Are you selling it after the renovation? Or keeping it?

Not selling it. I like the paint job of a particular Rensho and will probably never be able to have one so I wanted to try to paint mine to resemble that one. Something for club rides that won't be a big loss if it gets damaged somehow.

If you like the colour scheme then go for it, colour schemes are always being copied especially on cars, Gulf Porsche for one, JPS lotus, Starsky and Hutch although that did look dodgy on a Capri.

I just thought there are people out there now who are too young to know what I am talking about, that's scary.

If you like it just do it.

Back