The Yorkshire Retrobike Weekender 3-4th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

The History Man":3ewvivym said:
Straight outta cropton?

Drove through Compton yesterday.... kept the Cadillac’s doors locked! :shock:

Re:

Err with the weather at the mo, have people enquired as to whether this is still on, ard rock enduro isn't too far away and that's under three or four feet of water!!

Spudly":2uf2snk3 said:
Err with the weather at the mo, have people enquired as to whether this is still on, ard rock enduro isn't too far away and that's under three or four feet of water!!

Eighty miles away on a different Moor so I'm reliably informed! The footage from there is scary though, hopefully everyone got away in time.

Re:

Still on , we are on a hill not in a valley , no where near as much rain in our area as the problem has been very localised torrential downpours onto dry non porous land ( many moons ago when I used to go caving dry weather with storms were much scarier than sustained rain as water levels rose and fell extremely quickly in dry conditions ).
See you all on Friday or Saturday for a weekend of hilarity, bikes, booze and serious banter .

Spudly":1g6fqf0b said:

Ard rock is in the Dales an we're on the Moors Spud,

Your not related to Ken are you?

I know you southerners melt in the rain but I thought you were better at Geography than that :LOL:

kaya":2nmzk40x said:

I know you southerners melt in the rain but I thought you were better at Geography than that :LOL:

And I thought we were mates Vern, how dare you call me a southerner, I'm going to bring a crayon with me now, to poke you in the bloody eye with haha :LOL:

Spudly":1agpwaxg said:
kaya":1agpwaxg said:

And I thought we were mates Vern, how dare you call me a southerner, I'm going to bring a crayon with me now, to poke you in the bloody eye with haha :LOL:

Southern-ness is a relative thing. Yorkshire's big enough to have it's own northern/southern divide (and then there are the ones who are even out the top end - you and me almost certainly both fall into the southern bracket, but it's not proper southern, obviously.

Ask a Scot, and I reckon even Vern'll be a southerner...

Anyone for a Shandy on Saturday night, if I make it in time?

Si F

LongboardSi":154ndwej said:
Anyone for a Shandy on Saturday night, if I make it in time?

Si F

By the sounds of what MatthewS has in store for us Saturday daytime, I think we'll be well ahead of that schedule! :LOL: >hic<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back