The Yorkshire Retrobike Weekender 19/20th of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

According to there website they have 34 entries and are riding on the Sat , current plan is to keep both date and venue as it shouldn't be an issue , our Sat ride won't use any of their route (they'll have a brave n boozy route if they do), our main ride is on Sunday so no clashes .
Matthew

Re:

As Matthew said, we will keep to the original plan, so roll call.

Slmracing
Matthews
Kaya
Kebab Ken (Kentobelli)
Longun
Mr Lee ?
discoverybmw
Myshrall189

Anyone else please express your interest here and let me know what days you will be riding /camping.

Stuart.

Re:

Great stuff, thanks
Count me in.
Looking to travel Friday night,
what is the score with the campsite? do we need to book at all?
thanks
Rich

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":2qhttwfy said:
Great stuff, thanks
Count me in.
thanks
Rich

The "campsite" is a tap an toilet job no showers so baby-wipes are your best friend,

As for booking you could give them a bell an see what they say, what you in tent/camper/tugger ?

Theirs normally room even when they say there fully booked, I maybe over that way tomorrow so will check if I can,
but won't be back here till Sunday

cheers kaya

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":1rajupf9 said:
Great stuff, thanks
Count me in.
thanks
Rich

No problem Rich, Vern should have some more info soon :D

Re:

No problems with camping re the gravel brigade , plenty of room so no need to book , we do need good numbers of drunken mtb ers though to show up the girly lycra brigade .
BBQ Fri night followed by a visit to the Blackout dispensary and then likely back to camping/bullshit area for tales of daring deeds whilst downing Skinnigrove moonshine .
Steady rise on Saturday to prepare for and epic Sat afternoon ride (see if we can get 4 pubs in rather than last years lowly 3 ).
BBQ Sat night with more Blackout , tales of daring deeds and moonshine
Sunday is the main ride , good steady and scenic with a mixture of a couple of very quite country lanes, some cracking double and singletrack , Lunch at the Lion on Blakey Ridge (worth coming just for that ) then one of the longest and most fun double track descents for miles around (lasts about 1/2 hour with no punctures ) and finally a small climb back to camp/pub.
For those of you using the "my retrobike's in bits again" get out clause , bring a bike , retro or not and get out into some stunning scenery for some fun riding and good banter and booze . (teetotallers are welcome too but you have to bring your own non alcoholic moonshine ).
See you all next weekend .
Matthew
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back