The Ventana Wiki - 1985 to 2021

That´s what I call patina, nice frame! Scratching my head though how it´s cabled up. I get the roller for the RD (in fact I´m loving it!), but were there top pull FDs in 1985?

Wont the cable stop on the seat tube be for a DP front? Hard to see but looks like the front mech cable runs down the down tube then up to the stop.

Wont the cable stop on the seat tube be for a DP front? Hard to see but looks like the front mech cable runs down the down tube then up to the stop.
Ah, now that makes sense. I was thinking it was a stop for a cable from the top.

That´s what I call patina, nice frame! Scratching my head though how it´s cabled up. I get the roller for the RD (in fact I´m loving it!), but were there top pull FDs in 1985?

I think the roller is for the rear mech - running bare cable all the way from the down tube stop to the stop on the top of the chainstay.

It's a super cool frame. I thought about a repaint, bit just couldn't do it.

So that roller takes the RD cable to its destination. The FD is bottom pull, there's another cable stop on the other side of down tube and you run some housing to connect the two. Sherwood said it was to keep the cables off the bottom of the BB.

So jealous of these early Ventanas. I have a pair of early hardtail Marble Peaks. In rough shape. But still gems in my eyes. Did you ever finish this build?

Back