The Six Nations is almost upon us!

Please bear in mind that these are only the opinions of an avid England fan (that just happens to live in Wales) and are only here to wind up the welsh contingent :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

England to bounce back from a woeful world cup and take the Grand slam :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But in the real world, if Wales don't do the Grand slam this year they never will ;)

Wales for the Grand Slam, followed by supporters claiming it is the second coming and the '70's all over again, and arrogant sponsors saying they are the future world cup champions.

...wait a minute that was after the last world cup :roll:

It should be wales' championship for the taking, but who knows how England may play now they have finally pensioned off Johnnos mates.

I just want all of my teams England players back in one piece and to see some good rugby, getting less bothered who wins in internationals as the years go by.

Barneyballbags":2e8f39g9 said:
rosstheboss":2e8f39g9 said:
Yes apart from in Australia!

My sisters ex followed the Lions tour in Oz in 2001, and after the last game was leaving the ground, where we had just lost the series. He was then followed by a group of Wallabies supporters who kept challenging him to a fight, they followed him for ages until he thought 'sod it, the next bar I see I'll go in and see if they'll not leave me alone' Soon enough a bar hove into view with the added bonus of seeing lots of Lions shirts in there. He worked and amongst the crowd of Lions supporters he found the entire Lions squad and coaching staff having a drink!!!

Needless to say the Wallabies supporters didn't give him any more grief!!!
No, and although Wendyballers should be up for a few Oscars, you don't get the level of cheating that involves the team doc slicing a players lip open with a razor blade, or the rank amateurism displayed by the England team in the last world cup.
It's a tedious game with far too many rules. :roll:

Sounds scary!! Unfortunately there will always be the odd exception. Thankfully, with rugby, these types of supporters are very much in the tiniest of minorities... I don't think I've ever heard of a "Rugby Hooligan"..?! ;)

French fan here , so usual disclaimer apply .

If I was a gambler I d put my money on England .

no idea on other teams but france have a new coach , so unsure of what will come out of it .

but as I have always been told , it doesnt matter who wins it as long as it is not England . :LOL:

suburbanreuben":1345c4oz said:
No, and although Wendyballers should be up for a few Oscars, you don't get the level of cheating that involves the team doc slicing a players lip open with a razor blade, or the rank amateurism displayed by the England team in the last world cup.
It's a tedious game with far too many rules. :roll:

The thing I detest more than anything else about football is the players' complete and utter lack of respect for the referee. He makes a decision and he's surrounded by a bunch of players acting like a group of schoolkids who've had their ball nicked.

Nigel Owens (Welsh rugby referee) summed it up perfectly the other week when 2 players decided to talk back to him, by saying "I've never met either of you two before, but I'm the referee, and this isn't soccer".. The 2 players (16-17stone a piece) then said "sorry sir" and walked away. The day that happens in football is the day I'll be converted.

If you're referring to "bloodgate", then I don't think there were any razorblades involved, just blood capsules... Still cheating though.

I completely agree with you about England's behaviour off the pitch in the last World Cup. The eyes of the World were on them and they chose to behave like idiots..

SuburbanReuben - You don't think cheating goes on in football? Or 'the rank amateurism displayed by the England Team' couldn't be applied to the England football team too? Ridiculous!!!

Can't wait for saturday, going to be interesting!!!

rosstheboss":2fvv2sx5 said:
Can't wait for saturday, going to be interesting!!!

Me neither. It'll be interesting to see how France perform against Italy (yes, they'll win, but how convincing will they look?).

I still don't think England will beat Scotland though.... And I'm not just saying that because I'm Welsh ;)

Barneyballbags":2o0mbl8n said:
The thing I detest more than anything else about football is the players' complete and utter lack of respect for the referee. He makes a decision and he's surrounded by a bunch of players acting like a group of schoolkids who've had their ball nicked.

Nigel Owens (Welsh rugby referee) summed it up perfectly the other week when 2 players decided to talk back to him, by saying "I've never met either of you two before, but I'm the referee, and this isn't soccer"

:D nice words... sport as must be...

hi from italy , tomorrow -10' c , snow , bikes in garage

afternoon with some friends , rugby on tv , 3/4 bottles of strong red wine :D

we will check new coach and rookies ;)

ok 1more Wooden Spoon but no whitewash.....

Latest posts

Back