The Rarest of rare?

My DNA :D

Speaking about retrobikes - I am proud of White Industries LMDS set which I bought as NOS in 2008 for about 20 quids. Guess why - it has no logo so it coud not be any of famous shimano stuff in the eyes of its previous beholder. It is more rare because of some different cable routing on the top end - White Industries did not tell me any more details about it but they sent me the manual - by fax :D
Other precious stuff is Tiso Venda 601 rear mech in yellow - really rare one.

Cheers,
wooly pluto

cherrybomb":gfs7fugm said:
Hope disk mount for the RC35.

I have 2 new disc mount kits...had 3 but gave the clamp to Justbackdated last week so I now have 3 1/2 and also short axle for the hope hub caliper half and disc! :LOL:

I did have a real nice pair of red Pauls boosters i was determined to keep,but i was forced to let them go :cry:

I suppose the only rare thing i have left is the '98 Chris king hubbed bonty racelites,King definitely dont make 24 fronts anymore

Pics updated cos i forgot id posted already :oops:

JS1500":2g8r6tmu said:
I've got a HSW (Heff's Secret Workshop) Popcorn Blizzard frame.

Is that the one with the polished welds?

I've got my Saracen Kili Ultra Ti frame, a set of Coda M900 cranks and a pair of Look Fournales forks (the ones with the cartridge bearings).

Hermit":3sd5s0n1 said:
JS 1500 ...

Heffs used to be my LBS back in the 90's, I remember those frames hanging up in the shop, think they closed in the late 90's (?) but he was talking about retiring everytime I went in there :roll:

Great shop, think he used to be a roadracer before MTB's came along? :D

He was a VERY GOOD roadracer and trackman. Rode as a pro for several seasons including six day events on the continent.

I have a pair of Marinovative brakes in their boxes.

I dont know how rare this is, but it´s old...
1949-52 Simplex Tour De France front derailleur
etu.jpg

Ah wow! Interesting thread. Love the 'skotch porcs. And the real old skool stuff is amazing samu. Makes you wonder how people rode the tour on stuff like that,

I guess for me the real 'rare' but interesting is below in the links.

But like the lost wax adjuster, I guess the real special (to me) stuff is the stuff I make myself.

Has to be my Schwinn C type frame. Quite rare. In fact most of the guys on the Schwinn forum had never seen one and were convinced that it wasn't even a Schwinn.
I also have a pair of Tange Switchblades with a Ti Steerer- only ever seen one other pair.

Si

I got an original generation 1 Soundwave Transformer in its box which I believe has never seen daylight !!! Not one single scuff on any edge !!! Been told its worth a few hundered quid but its staying firmly in my posession !! ;) God im sad !!!

Think I've sold more rare stuff that I've kept, always the bloody way! The coolest bit was the prototype Hope flip-flop singlespeed screw on hub that I sold on my old Bonty Race (to a member on here, which is good), or the EGS groupset, or the NOS cooks stem, or the NOS cooks cobalt cranks, or the horizontally slotted Bonty forks

I have got a ton of rare stuff on my Bradbury Manitou, mainly because the stuff was bespoke to the frame, like the 145mm rear hub handmade by Doug, or the Bradbury forks, chuck in the Ringle Trail stem and the custom made Ringle skewers (thanks Nick!) and the rare-o-meter really twitches.

Other bits are my Blue (not turquoise) Ringle skewers, my Bullseye oval chainring and my All Seeing Eye. But the top rare bit is the 1 1/4 -25degree fillet brazed stem (rare cos no one else would ever see the point in getting one made......)

Attachments

• Bradbury.jpg
    Bradbury.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2,891
  • Blue Ringle.jpg
    Blue Ringle.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,891
  • Eye-eye.jpg
    Eye-eye.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,891
  • WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg