The Rarest of rare?

It is,they sponsored him back then. If you zoom in on the photo of him riding the bike you can see the Tange Prestige Ultrastrong sticker on the seatube but above it i'm guessing that will be a Langsett cycles bike shop sticker which will be a nightmare to find, that'll have my retrobike ocd going overtime trying to get one lol

Im fairly close to them so would be happy to collect and post a decal on if that helped.

Ive also got a friend (who now lives abroad) who is Steve’s best mate. When he comes back to the UK he borrows Steves bikes. Maybe we could sort him signing it or some pics ?

Contact the shop and ask - sure they will have an old one in a drawer or behind a cupboard. If not they could probs get one made for you? They're pretty proud of their Peaty connection so would no doubt be keen to help out if they could in return for a photo for their website or something maybe?
Good idea,like you say they're proud of helping Peaty, i remember looking on there website and there's a bit about how they helped him get started by sponsoring him.

Im fairly close to them so would be happy to collect and post a decal on if that helped.

Ive also got a friend (who now lives abroad) who is Steve’s best mate. When he comes back to the UK he borrows Steves bikes. Maybe we could sort him signing it or some pics ?
That'd be brilliant on both things you mentioned,getting him to sign it would be unreal. My worry would be what if he wanted the bike back for his collection how could you refuse Peaty lol

That'd be brilliant on both things you mentioned,getting him to sign it would be unreal. My worry would be what if he wanted the bike back for his collection how could you refuse Peaty lol
Pm me if you’d like me to start trying to sort something. Maybe with some pics.

Pm me if you’d like me to start trying to sort something. Maybe with some pics.
Will do mate, pics would be great because there's not alot of info out there apart from that photo and video on youtube of him racing it. It doesn't matter how many times i pause the video i can never get a clear picture of things like the race plate on the front so i can replicate it. Parts wise from what i can see it looks to be almost stock like a normal 93 Explosif so xtr/mavic back wheel, xtr rear mech etc. But it's the little details i want to get correct otherwise my retrobike ocd will get frazzled 😁🤣

If you need any help with a Langsett Cycles connection.. pm me, my work address is a short walk away.

Langsett's owner has lived in Spain for some years after starting a cycle hire company there.. but the manager is my old school friend.. he started work at Langsett cycles after leaving school in 1989/90.. before the Supertram, back when they had a glass Pace cabinet with my drool running down it 😁

We grew up on the same street.. he lived at number 10.. i lived at number 28 and between our two houses were numerous other kids who rode BMX..

If you need any help with a Langsett Cycles connection.. pm me, my work address is a short walk away.

Langsett's owner has lived in Spain for some years after starting a cycle hire company there.. but the manager is my old school friend.. he started work at Langsett cycles after leaving school in 1989/90.. before the Supertram, back when they had a glass Pace cabinet with my drool running down it 😁

We grew up on the same street.. he lived at number 10.. i lived at number 28 and between our two houses were numerous other kids who rode BMX..
Sounds good i'll definitely be sending a message, i wonder if your mate can remember the bike or actually worked on it back then. Maybe they can recall what spec Peaty had it, like seatpost/saddle etc and if there was any other Langsett decals on the bike like you see on his other ones?
It also looks like it's had a repair on the seatstay/chainstay area, wonder if they know anything about that.

Back