The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Seems to be a reasonably active number of enthusiasts here so putting this out to gauge interest.
I'm looking to offload my Hi-Fi and AV kit.

I have Denon AVC1-A1SE home cinema amp paired with BOSE acoustimass 'sub' and 5x double cube speakers and Arcam DV88 DVD player.

Main Hi-Fi: Art Audio Quintet amp 25 watts of EL34 splendour, hooked up to a Border Patrol PSU/Regulator driving Living Voice Auditoriums and CD player by Helios. This is an early ish system put together by Kevin@Definitive Audio.

Also available: Rega Planar 3 and Cyrus FM7. And a Nakamichi mini system, tuner, 3 CD changer, can be seen here:

If there's any interest I'm happy to provide more info.

the living voice sounds interesting but probably out of my league. champagne taste with beer money as they say. border patrol knows his stuff. sounds like a lovely system.

the living voice sounds interesting but probably out of my league. champagne taste with beer money as they say. border patrol knows his stuff. sounds like a lovely system.

Thanks, I think it's pretty sweet, if you know of Definitive Audio then you likely have some idea of what his systems are about. Whilst I'm no audio expert, back when I was buying his ethos seemed rather different to any other dealers whose advice and gear I listened to. Over the years since I've kept an eye on his progress, whilst occasionally lusting over Vox Olympians. I had the pleasure of half an hour with one of his early horn loaded designs, the Air Partner. Utterly astonishing, never heard the like before or since.
Anyway, if you're genuinely interested, we can have an exploratory chat on whether you'd need champagne money, you might be pleasantly surprised!

i also have a set up i need to move but unsure of price due to oddities. a pair of audionote an/e`s that dont sound right. built from a kit by someone(not me) nicely made cabinets(not so great tweeter routing) and correct drivers but think there is a crossover issue. i thought my hearing was going but its these that are at fault. they sound flat. not sure what they are worth so ebay will be probably be best place for them and a 6L6 push/pull valve amp again built from a kit but that is lush. weighs the same as a small family car, built from an analog metric kit. rated at low power but ive never managed to need more or use what it pumps out. more details if any interest. cheers

Can anyone help me transport a pair of Linn Kan speakers complete with stands from Chelmsford to East Yorkshire. They are one of my Unicors speakers and the seller will not use a courier. It's pick up only and I can't really just pop down there to pick them up. TIA for any help at all.

PM me if you can help :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back