The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: Re:

onegoodbike":33zlisha said:
Hi all,

my current cd player is refusing to play selected cd's which is annoying :evil: . The rest of my components are mid 90's and British, so I was wondering if anyone here has a suitably retro replacement in nice condition and working order going spare?.

Cheers Matt

Have you tried cleaning the laser lens and checking/lightly lubricating the transport mechanism? Both have kicked supposedly knackered CD players back into life for me :D

If you need to replace then there's plenty nice stuff on ebay going relatively cheaply, unless you want to spend big bucks on high end stuff. I just bought a really nice late 80s/early 90s Sony player for £20 to use as a backup :xmas-big-grin:

Next up before that ebay is a 1999 TAG McLaren Audio AV32R *Prototype*

Burr Brown DACs for high quality 2 channel

Its a prototype, its 21 years old, its a little daft now and again but has been relatively stable for the last 10 years or so,

It doesnt work with SkyQ unless everything is set to PCM - thats the reason why I'm selling. Have just bought a 'Twin Sharc' AV32R BP from a former work colleague so all is well.

It would make a great two channel preamp, it was retailed at around £2300 in 1999 and is still considered very high quality

£120 GBP UK posted

still available

After over twenty years of happy service, my Cambridge Audio A1 Mk3 is less than happy. Started with a bit of crackle with volume adjustment and occasional loss of one channel of audio - sweep back and forth usually sorted it. Left hand channel now refusing to play, and right needs to be at just the “right” position.

Currently being used in the garage for bike maintenance/Zwift tunes fed from iPhone via Bluetooth, out through an even older set of Missions (760s I think).

Is it worth trying to get repaired, or just go and replace? And if the latter, any suggestions.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
LGF, that one you have in your kitchen... Will it happily run from a USB stick? I'm looking for something for garage duties, so don't want anything precious or large.

:)

Latest posts

Back