The "NO BOB GIRVIN"

syncrosfan":2c7yi6uw said:
That's pretty cool! How much suspension travel do you think it has?
I think 3" or a tiny bit more but the ramp up at the end of the shock travel means I may get a fraction less.

I've made an adjustment. I've managed to reduce the offset simply by moving a spacer on the steerer tube. I'd put it beneath the top clamp and now I've moved it to above the clamp, below the stem as in the second picture. It's only a 5mm ish spacer but since all things work together in a linkage fork it's made a decent difference to the offset. This is how I'd built it in my pre painting trials but when I built it up I thought a bit more offset might be good, I just hadn't realised what a big difference a tiny spacer would make and only checked the offset after my ride. I've spun it round in the road and it doesn't exactly fall into corners but it must surely be better. With the predicted bad weather coming it may be a while 'til I can do a proper off road test.
dscf6890.jpg

spacer below.
5715fec1-2200-4cd4-8545-d8b40981b536.jpeg

Spacer above. This picture gives a better impression of the angle of the bottom link. It's slightly dipping down from the horizontal.
BTW if anyone mentions to my wife that I had a bike in the kitchen I'll consider it most unfriendly.

Back