The Cost of Retrobiking.

Do you sell to private buyers? if so I may be interested, how much? (are they weatherproof?)
I have 2 Daughters the eldest (based in Cardiff) plays in the BBC NOW (National Orchestra of Wales) WHO (pun intended) play all the music for the Dr Who series.
We often get to see the Dr Who Concerts, just brilliant. The youngest daughter (lives at home - Lincoln) is Nuts about Daleks and seeing one in our garden would be far more exiting than the common or Garden Gnomes (not that we have any!).
In the process of selling a little used 1976 Classic Road "King of Mercia", sticking with my 2 KHS's for outdoor pursuits.
BTW Signature Photo is from West end of Loch Tay looking to wee hill at Killin

KHSR: It's been known :) They CAN be made weatherproof ( I need to make some extra parts out of GRP instead of the usual sealed and coated MDF ) If you are interested, bung me a PM and I will run you through things like timescales and prices :)
Full disclosure there is a company that has the licence to make daleks commercially, BUT you have to sign a waiver saying it'll live in your house and never go out, you can't work them from the inside ( like mine ) and they cost way more than I do. Also RTD had the choice, he came to me and my friend ;-)
The one that was on Asylum of the Daleks was made specially for Russell T Davies.
Blimey, your daughter plays in WHO :) What's her instrument? (And I genuinely love the music for the show written by Murray Gold: it's gorgeous )

Re:

This The fun per pound ratio is off the scale. so very true. I thought I might have a go at one of those obstacle course runs that get advertised on the radio , then I saw the price - £60! :shock: My last Kona was only £50 and I've been tinkering with that for 6 weeks already :LOL:

SP

nstarmmore - nope. Regret it really is as bad as it looks.

No parts supply
No discounts
No …. anything, really...
Hope brakes? Maybe in a galaxy far, far away...
Tyres? ... forget it … so don't rip a sidewall out otherwise it's curtains ...

Only the constant thoughtful circulation of parts in the retro community continues as before...

Great find 2manyoranges,took me a while to notice the date! Favourite quote; "most of all I can't go out for a therapeutic ride on a drumkit or a dalek" 🤣 .Cool thread.Shame @doctorstewie hasn't logged on since 2017.Who doesn't want to hear from a guy who makes Daleks?

Back