The annoying sound of SQUEEKY (V) BRAKES!

Funny, you have the same era brakes in LX and XT. They look too bulky, I´m trying to avoid them in my Fast Rock built because I don´t like how they look, but they are available everywere and in NOS condition.

In the pass I have similar problem. The first touch of the pad and the angle is critical. Cool Stop pads have a saphe to install them more easy. Some times requires some error and try experiments. Good luck 👍

156862.jpg

I have remember that I have cool stop pads in my XT with that lip and they work amazing, very powerfull. (All Shimano XT 739).

The instalation was easy, the lip gives you the angle. But some times there is a Gremlin and you have to fight with him 🙄

156862.jpg

Does Kool Stop also make brake pad inserts?
I don't know if they make now, that bicycle built has some years. But they use to make several types of brake pads inserts: dual compound, for cerámic, agresive compound etc

Mine are the dual compound: normal (black) and agresive (Brown)

EDIT: Here are some brake pads (I don´t know that shop, it is new for me) https://www.internet-bikes.com/es/1...IgN_CyuOw9AIVRgKLCh2dWgCCEAQYCCABEgI_M_D_BwE#

And in this shop there are some for my XT, I have bought here some times and with no problems but I think it is from continental EU so, take care with taxes and import duties. They have near avery type of compounds https://www.bike24.es/productos/8819

kool-stop_remblokrubbers_dura_dual_velgrem_55_x_12_mm_zw_br_2_stuks_140249.jpg

Last edited:
He is right i am wrong. Head was on the wrong way round as i was thing rotation rather than front of bike, back of bike.
The funny thing is that I knew that you knew what you were talking about and that it was just a terminological thing but, more than that, I think it makes more sense to think of it relative to the rotation rather than the front or back of the bike. After all, what are we supposed to say about a chainstay mounted U brake? Use 'toe down'? 🤨

Back