Thanks to the staff team for the 'new' Retrobike

Cheers, glad in the main the migration has been well received, makes it worthwhile 👍

(blushes)

TBH this migration to the new platform is not that big of a deal for me, and I assume the other mods feel the same.
From my perspective @John is doing almost all of the work. We're just telling him to fix A, sort out B, change C, overhaul D, look into E, etc etc

The changes are welcome indeed. There will still be some issues (mainly outdated site FAQs etc) for a while and we still need some adjusting to all the new functionality ourselves. But we'll get there.

None of this would have been possible without the forum members though. TBH you are at least as important as the staff is. You create the content, the knowledge database, the community, the market place, etc.
You even self-moderate to such an extent that our lives really aren't that hard. I've moderated on forums that were smaller and where we had to wield the banhammer on an regular basis because there always was drama. We have almost none of that here, which allows us to focus most of our attention on playing whack-a-mole with spambots. Thank you for that.

It's a bit of a shock to the system but we'll all get used to it. Definitely needed for various reasons. Good to see that forum software can look current and not dated. Even though so much is on Faceballs these days the older medium of forums is still better for hobbies like this so it's good to see the team giving us a service we can all continue to benefit from. I still prefer to use it from my PC/Mac than a mobile device though. That's not even a gripe it's just a forum thing.

I always wonder though...sure I contribute to the site, but I get far more out of it than I put in...where does the finance come in, I am always grateful but would always be happy to contribute at any time should the need arise.

Great change, and its the same format to another forum im on so im a bit more used to it.

Well dont to everyone concerned.

Shouldn't this be posted though in the '98 slot 🤔

Back