Talk discs to me

FluffyChicken":5u5xpsdb said:
Seems not many people have used the Shimano disc ranges. Is it because it's one thing you can buy that doesn't have to be Shimano or because Shimano ones are crap even the XT and XTR ones ?

I've got an xt disc on my Stumpy (not sure of exactly which model) and it is poo compared to the m4s on my Rumble, not a bad brake per se but the difference between them and the m4 is fairly vast

Hayes HFX-9's are only £32 (each end) in CRC at the moment. Could be worth a try. Thinking about trying them myself.

xizang":3d74madx said:
Hayes HFX-9's are only £32 (each end) in CRC at the moment. Could be worth a try. Thinking about trying them myself.

I did too,right up to reading the majority of the reviews :LOL: .One star and falling.mbt.com page gives it a fairly consistently crud rating.I think ill steer clear of them :?

dyna-ti":6rf8o5z8 said:
xizang":6rf8o5z8 said:

I did too,right up to reading the majority of the reviews :LOL: .One star and falling.mbt.com page gives it a fairly consistently crud rating.I think ill steer clear of them :?
Nowt wrong with them, I had then for 2 years with no problems.

Very good power, but very on/off feel to the lever (which I quite liked)

Back